The Foundation Year Network is the professional network for foundation year educators, academics and practitioners in the higher education sector. We have over 500 members from institutions across the UK, all supporting and progressing foundation year provision.
Our aims are to promote and share good practice, provide opportunities for continuing professional development, and support scholarly activities across the sector. We hold regular workshops, networking events, host an annual conference and publish a journal.
The Foundation Year Network is
free to join and you can easily register online here:
Our Conference 2023
Our next Foundation Year Network Annual Conference will be held at the University of Sheffield on Thursday 13th and Friday 14th July 2023. The overarching theme for the conference will be: Failure – mistakes, missteps and meanders in Foundation Years. Abstracts are being accepted for both talks and workshops.
Click here for the conference website.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve written a fair number of blog posts over the years, so to make them a little easier to find we’ve re-organised them into categories. Our activities have changed and we offer workshops, mentoring and now have a Scholarship Group for our members. We hope this makes everything easier to find, but please let us know if there’s anything you’d like us to add!
- If you are interested in events and announcements from the Scholarship group, check the Scholarship Group category.
- For our events calendars, workshop details and summaries check the Workshop category.
- For advice, stories and mentoring when it comes to applying for A/F/S/PHEA, please check our Fellowship category. You can also let us know if you want to be a mentor, or are looking for mentoring from someone’s who’s been through the application process!
- News and summaries related to the Foundation Year Network Conference can be found under the FYN Conference category.
- General news and announcements are posted under the Blog category.
- Advice from foundation year teachers, together with posts written by members of our community are in the Community category.