The Foundation Year Network is free to join and aims to represent, support and promote good practice in Foundation Year provision. It is free to join and there’s a number of ways to get involved:
- Our flagship Annual conference is held every July – in July 2023 it will be the turn of The University of Sheffield – with more details to come soon!
- We run a series of online workshops throughout the year on a variety of topics – and are always looking for new hosts – see here https://foundationyear.ac.uk/meetings/workshops-2/ for those organised so far, and get in touch with Tracey Coppins (email@example.com) if you’d like to be involved
- Our mentoring scheme allows you to either mentor or be mentored to help you with career development, Advance HE accreditation, or any other goal linked to foundation years! Contact Tracey Coppins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Journal of the Foundation Year Network https://jfyn.co.uk/index.php/ukfyn is published annually.
- Our policy group are always keen to hear from people with knowledge of or experience in policy, campaigning or lobbying – if you’re interested in getting involved please email Sarah S.Hale@sheffield.ac.uk
- Our Communications group are always looking for people who are interested in contributing Blogs or helping to run our twitter account. If you’re interested in contributing to our occasional blog series, please contact Bianca, B.Sala@sheffield.ac.uk or C.Priede@sheffield.ac.uk if you’re interested in the group more generally.
- We also have a scholarship group. If you’re interested in supporting and collaborating on scholarship of foundation years, please contact Simon or Becky – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If there are any other ways in which you’d like to contribute to the network and get more involved, or particular expertise that you could offer, please do let us know – either in the comments or by contacting email@example.com
Camilla (FYN Comms co-lead)